- IT'S YUMMY! There's no chalky consistency and it actually tastes like Cookies n' Cream <3
- Gives you energy and keeps you full for another 2 hours
- Repairs muscles and gives what your body needs for only 120 CALORIES!!! Gasped? I KNOW!
- Satisfies your sweet tooth so you won't be reaching for your calorie-dense nutella at the back of the cupboard...which, really, its placement didn't really deter you before from eating it tablespoon at a time by the sink
- Incredibly inexpensive compared to other brands. Trust me 87 cents per serving is a bargain. If you go the gym, sometimes they are $2 per cup
- 1 serving unfortunately has 10g of sugar BUT it does have 14g of protein!
- Can be mixed with milk, juice, water, fruits...it's practically the most flexible protein powder around
- Lastly, the packaging isn't scary :P
February 05, 2012
As a workout fiend, I workout 2 hours a day 5-6 times a week between trying to get to 8 hours a sleep a night, which requires a bedtime of 9 or 10 pm to be able to get up at 5 or 6 am, tutoring a bunch of chemistry and biology students, attending class and finishing homework while trying to achieve a 3.7-3.8 GPA from a school termed a "Public Ivy"...wiki it if you want to know more.
Anyways, although I am busy, exercise does help with the high amounts of stress. If for even 2 hours a day, I am only focused on working out and not on midterms and homework, to me it is something worth investing time in. Physically, however, sometimes the intensity of the workouts make me feel, for lack of a better word, trashed. I mean, my muscles are sore and I'm tired and I just wanted to get through that pain as soon as possible so I can work out again. So I decided to try protein powder, which insanely enough I hadn't tried before.
Protein, one of the body's macronutrients, and considered to be the workhorse of cellular processes comes in powder form or in a bar to be ingested and speed up muscle repair, which must be healed and rested to actually develop. However, when I go into shops like GNC, I am terrified my those bulky plastic containers filled with powder that is 2000 calories per serving in the back of the store. Instead, I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and I asked the salesperson for some brands that women like me find unintimidating yet effective. Luckily for me, they were more than happy enough to point me towards the aisle with a little known protein powder product called Spiru-tein.
LET ME TELL YOU...I'M HOOKED. FYI I bought the Cookies n' Cream flavor for $26.06 (which was the online price they matched at the store at my mention :D). I have had a couple of cups already and when I run out, I will definetely be running back to the store.
Here's some reasons why I like it...
So for those people who need to feel repaired in no time, purchase this product and try it out. You WON'T regret it, but if you do, then just return it...duh!
Until my next protein powder purchase...